Invisalign – Houston, TX
A Metal-Free Smile-Straightening Solution
Do you get frustrated when you see your smile in the mirror? You’re not alone. Millions of Americans are unhappy with their teeth and in many cases, it’s because they’re crowded or misaligned. Fortunately, you no longer have to deal with metal wires and brackets to get the straight grin you’ve always wanted from your dentist in Houston. With Invisalign, you can discreetly and comfortably move your teeth into proper alignment. If you’d like to find out whether a metal-free smile-straightening solution is right for you, continue reading or give our office a call today!
Why Choose Palmer Dental Group For Invisalign?
- Preferred Invisalign Provider
- Multiple Dental Financing Options
- Subtle And Comfortable Treatment
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear plastic aligners to gradually move your teeth into the desired positions. Each set of trays is worn for a predetermined amount of time, usually about two weeks. One significant advantage of Invisalign is that you don’t need to visit Dr. Palmer as often as you would with traditional braces. You just need to see him every six weeks or so to pick up your new aligners and ensure everything is going according to plan.
Indications for Invisalign
The clear aligners can correct multiple orthodontic issues including:
Do you feel like you have too many teeth in your mouth? If so, you may benefit from Invisalign. It’s crucial to fix crowded teeth as soon as possible because they make it difficult to brush and floss well which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Crowded teeth can also get worse over time.
Gaps Between Teeth
Having gaps between your teeth doesn’t just affect your appearance – it has an impact on your oral health as well. Gaps allow for food and bacteria to become trapped between the teeth which can increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Invisalign can gently bring your teeth closer together in the dental arch and minimize the open space.
A misaligned bite can cause speech issues or tooth damage due to uneven pressure, but it is also common that your temporomandibular joints will feel strained. This can be painful to the point that it significantly impacts your quality of life. Invisalign can resolve a variety of bite issues like overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open bite.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Counting on Invisalign treatment allows you to enjoy several benefits including:
- Safety and Comfort – The clear aligners are made of smooth plastic, so they are one of the most comfortable orthodontic options available. They won’t irritate your soft oral tissues in the same way traditional metal braces can.
- Shorter Treatment Time – Metal braces usually take 2-3 years to align your teeth while Invisalign can require 12-18 months.
- Discreet – Invisalign is virtually invisible, meaning hardly anyone will notice you’re wearing an orthodontic appliance.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Contrary to common rumors, Invisalign is affordable for people from all walks of life. In fact, it costs about the same as metal braces. While there’s not a flat rate for clear aligners, Dr. Palmer strives to keep a straight smile affordable for everyone. Various factors affect the cost of Invisalign in Houston, but we have the solutions you need to improve your smile without breaking the bank.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Invisalign
Invisalign uses a series of aligners that are customized to fit your teeth. Since everyone’s mouth is unique, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all kit. Therefore, multiple factors will influence the cost of your treatment, like:
- Prep Work: It’s not unusual to need preparatory procedures, like a cleaning, filling, or gum disease treatment.
- Complexity of Case: Major tooth movements will require more aligners.
- Number of Arches: Single-arch treatment is rare, so you can expect to need aligners for the top and bottom teeth.
After examining your mouth, Dr. Palmer will provide you with an estimate, so you’ll know exactly how much you will have to pay before committing to anything.
Invisalign vs. Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
Mail-order aligners seem like the affordable, convenient method to get the smile of your dreams, but there are major risks of not visiting an Invisalign dentist in Houston. All that’s needed is a dental impression for a mail-order company to create your aligners. Although it saves you a trip to the dentist, traditional impressions are not always accurate, which can lead to several major issues at the end of your treatment, like tooth loss and a bad bite. There will be no dentist monitoring your progression to intervene before it is too late. Not to mention, not everyone is a candidate for clear aligners.
When you visit a dentist, you’re paying for more than just a middleman. You’re investing in the qualifications and supervision of a trained dental professional to safely and effectively move your teeth.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Every policy and situation differs, but many dental plans can be used to offset the cost of Invisalign in Houston. If your benefits include orthodontics, you may be able to use your coverage to lower your out-of-pocket expenses. Generally, you are given a lifetime limit to use toward orthodontics after paying your deductible. We know dental insurance is confusing, but you don’t have to navigate your policy alone. We will maximize your coverage to keep a straight smile within your budget.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
Besides using your dental insurance, Dr. Palmers offers multiple payment methods to keep Invisalign affordable, including:
- Traditional Payments: Our office accepts cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Financing: Based on your credit approval, you can pay for your treatment with little-to-no interest using monthly installments through a third-party financing company, like CareCredit.
- Special Offers: We offer regular promotions, like new patient specials. Ask us about any ongoing deals during your consultation.
If you have any questions about paying for Invisalign, contact our office today to speak with a member of our team.